Filled with cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch, chicken, & cheese, these buffalo chicken dip egg rolls are sure to be a hit at your next game day event!
Buffalo chicken dip. If you’ve never had it-you need to. Growing up in the Northeast, I had this dip almost every week at my best friends house. We lived on it. It was its own food group. After moving to the South 8 years ago, I stopped making it and rarely brought it out for parties until recently. To my surprise, it’s not as popular down here as it is in the North. With that being said, everyone that has tried it has absolutely loved it and I never have leftovers. This dip is packed with cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce, chicken, and cheese. The only thing that could possibly make it better? Throwing it into and egg roll wrapper and pan frying it. Thus, my Buffalo Chicken Dip Egg Rolls were born.
First things first, let’s make the dip
This is closest recipe to “junk food” that you’ll find on my blog (well aside from my Cast Iron Spinach Dip). That doesn’t mean we’re going to use junky ingredients. All of the ingredients have organic, clean versions. Try to find cream cheese free of guar or xantham gum. While you can use Hidden Valley ranch, I much prefer the Spice Hunter ranch packets. There are no artificial or sketchy ingredients, and it doesn’t break the bank. As always, do what makes you happy. I’m not there to tell you what you can or can’t do while you make this.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Egg Roll Ingredients:
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup ranch
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce or you favorite
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar
- 3 chicken breasts shredded *I cook the breasts in the oven, and shred them with my Kitchen Aid using the paddle attachment*
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers I use nasoyo
- 1-2 Tbsp high heat cooking oil think avocado or grapeseed
How to make buffalo chicken dip egg rolls
This process is extremely easy. Once you do a few, you’ll get the hang of it. Combine everything except the egg roll wrappers and oil into a Crock Pot and cook on high until creamy and melted (this doesn’t take as long as you think, I add everything to the pot while the chicken cooks in the oven and it’s usually ready as soon as the chicken is added).
Assembling the rolls
I use these Nasoya wrappers, and quite frankly I’ve never seen a different brand.
The process for filling the rolls is below. There isn’t an easy way to describe it in words, so I’ve made a picture guide. Heat your pan while you assemble the rolls, it needs to be nice and hot.
Once the rolls are assembled and your pan is hot, add about 1/2 tbsp of oil to the pan. I use a fairly small pan and like to do batches of two. The rolls cook quickly, and will burn if you’re not attentive.
Add the rolls to the pan with the fold side down and cook for about one minute. Flip once they are cooked to golden brown like the picture below.
Fry all four sides of the rolls so that they are evenly browned. The short sides only take about 20 seconds, and I tip them with a pair of silicone tongs.
Once they’re all done, serve them with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce (and a refreshing Naturally Skinny Marg of course)!
Love this recipe? Pin it below!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Egg Rolls
For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 chicken breasts shredded
For Egg Roll
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers I use nasoya
- 1-2 tbsp high heat cooking oil avocado, grapeseed
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Add buffalo chicken dip ingredients to a Crock Pot and set on high until all ingredients are combined/melted.
Egg Roll Instructions
- Place two heaping tablespoons of dip along the center of the wrap, with pointed ends placed vertical.
- Fold bottom portion up.
- Tuck sides in.
- Roll and fold sides in.
- Heat a pan over high heat and warm about 1/2 tbsp of oil. Once oil is hot, add the roll fold side down and fry for about one minute. Be careful not to burn, the wrappers cook quickly. Flip and repeat. Stand roll on sides & tops to cook the entire wrapper.
- Serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!