Reese’s are delicious- but lets leave the artificial ingredients out of it. These easy homemade peanut butter cups make Reese’s taste like junk.
I love Reese’s cups. Who doesn’t? Peanut butter and chocolate are one of the few couples I have complete faith in. They’ll never split up- because they’re perfect for each other. With that being said, I don’t love all the BS in Reese’s cups- Dextrose, Partially Defatted Peanuts, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Corn Syrup…yum…. what even is a partially defatted peanut? I don’t know, and I’m not looking it up. I do know this, your body functions better when it’s fed whole ingredients. Sure, chocolate may not be the best example of this, but we’re going to do our best with these homemade peanut butter cups.
For these homemade peanut butter cups, I’m going to use dark chocolate.
Like, really dark. I used a combination of 60% and 100% dark chocolate because of the sugar content. If you don’t care about any of that, use milk or a regular dark chocolate. Just please promise me you’ll buy a brand that actually is chocolate and not wax and sugar. I mean, I won’t be shopping with you but… I will be disappointed.
The peanut butter
I used my Homemade Peanut Butter recipe, of course. If you want to use store bought that’s obviously fine. If you have some time on your hands I do encourage you making your own-you won’t regret it.
Alright, what are we using for these delicious homemade peanut butter cups?
- 3 cups chocolate chips (I split 60% dark and 100% dark, this is up to you)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (12 Tbsp)
- 12 cupcake/muffin liners
- muffin tin
Let’s do it
Using a double boiler (or microwave) melt half of the chocolate and half of the coconut oil. You’re going to need the other half to cover the top. Scoop about 1 tbsp of this mixture into each muffin liner in the muffin tin. Freeze for ten minutes. While that’s freezing, melt the rest of the chocolate with the coconut oil. Once the base layer is frozen, spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter in each tin and cover with melted chocolate. Freeze and enjoy!
These homemade peanut butter cups are so easy- and SO much better for you than a Reese’s! I hope you love them as much as I do!
Let me know what you think!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 cups Dark chocolate chips I use half 60% and half 100%
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Peanut butter
- Prep a muffin tin tray with 12 liners.
- Melt half of the chocolate and half of the coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Pour 1 tbsp of this mixture into each muffin tin and freeze for about ten minutes.
- Melt the remainder of the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Cover the frozen chocolate with 1 tbsp of peanut butter, and then cover the peanut butter with the rest of the melted chocolate.
- Freeze for ten minutes minimum and enjoy!